Airboat Tour Information and Rates
CALL FOR RESERVATIONS 321-456-7187
We meet at: 8190 W King St, Cocoa, FL 32926 at the River Lakes Conservation Area Boat Ramp.
What to Bring and What To Expect on Your Ride Down the St. Johns River.
We cater to both locals and tourists from the Cocoa Beach area. Some even come over from Orlando! It's a great excursion to get a local experience if you're coming from a cruise at Port Canaveral. Our place in Cocoa is easily accessible from Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach and Melbourne.
As the seasons change, our departure times will too. During the fall and winter we start traveling later in the morning more comfortably. Entering into October, alligators begin spending more time beached up where we can see the entire animal. We rely on morning and late afternoon as it is simply more comfortable and productive.
During the summer, my rides can leave as early as 7am and I call it “the golden hour”. The swamp is just waking up as wading birds are on wing headed from night time roosts to shallow wade pools for breakfast. I mentioned the other wild life already which we have a fair shake at seeing but it doesn’t happen midday.
I use apps thru the National Weather Service (NWS) to determine weather conditions but it IS Florida. Not everyone has foul weather gear but one thing I highly recommend is a beach towel and a change of clothes back at the car if there’s any wonderment. At least you’re showered for dinner! Cold days WILL surprise you but that’s not for another 3 months…. Try saying THAT in upstate NY!
Reservations and Time Frames
- Winter ride times: Mornings: 9:30, 10:45, 12:00. 1:15. Even though we don't take the boat out on Sundays, we will still answer the phone to book reservations.
- One hour tours require 3 person minimum. For 2 hour tours, please call for reservations and details. Advanced reservations for smaller groups helps me coordinate with others. Otherwise, a party of 2 can pay for the third person and now you got yourself a private ride if no one else calls!
- Punctuality is everything. You’re on vacation and we all party, but please do not stand me up at the dock, especially first thing in the morning.
- Iced down bottled water is provided, but if you care to BYOB, my cooler is your cooler.
- I must throw this out there, and I apologize ahead of time. The park has no running water or electricity, but it does have a restroom. It’s very modest and to some, it’s kinda scary! I’m going to try to do something about it when it gets cooler.
1 Hour Airboat Rides Are $60 Per Person
This airboat tour down the St. Johns River, is approximately 12 miles round trip in search of all mentioned wildlife and a stop off at “Possum Bluff” picnic area to step out and take it all in! The bluff is only accessible by water and quite remote.
2 Hour Airboat Rides - Call for Reservations and Details
This tour is more like “the works” at the car wash! We will travel some 22 miles (depending on the water level), visiting the famed “monster hole” where I once counted 66 gators laid up in one spot. Tosohatchee Cypress forest is yet another jaw dropping detour as we meander down Jim Creek under the full canopy of Cypress Trees. Then we move on to “Paw Paw” mound. “The Mound” as the locals call it is an ancient Indian burial site of the “Ai” tribe from 1700. Again, we will step out and explore this beautiful slice of history!
Private Airboat Rides are $350 For 1 Hour and $600 For 2 Hours
NOTE: Pricing does not reflect "Uncle Sam’s” cut of 7% sales tax. 50% deposit is required. The deposit is refundable unless cancellation is within 48 hours of the booked ride.